'Tis the season for thanks, so here it is - on behalf on WAG I want to thank all the people who've helped us this year! You're our heroes!
Here's some of what we've done in 2009:
- Rescued 224 dogs/cats from the shelter
- Paid for spayed/neuter of more than 80 pets of deserving families
- Paid for lifesaving medical treatment like amputations, eye surgeries, heartworm treatments, and other procedures to help rescue pets start their new lives
- Drove to Connecticut with 140 pets for a 3-day adoption event, found homes for 136 of them.
- Started a pet food pantry for pet owners struggling to make ends meet
- Went into schools and talked to students about supporting pets and humane care.
- Held a holiday adoption event that gave more than 45 pets a new home for Christmas.
None of this would have happened with support of the animal-loving public. Some of you sent $10, some $100 or more - whatever the amount, it allows us to help lots of deserving pets and people. Fundraising is no fun - we'd much rather hang around with dogs - but a necessity for us. To each of our contributors, we're incredibly grateful you chose to help WAG!
And now I will say, as I turn off my light,
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!