Yes, they're all famous, or infamous, depending on your point of view. But they also each have a publicist - someone who keeps them in the public eye.
A publicist is a person whose job is to generate publicity for famous people. They're in the business of bringing attention to their clients in many different ways. For example, Justin Bieber's publicist arranges meetings with his fans. Lassie's publicist contacts magazines willing to do a story about the talented dog. Jennifer Lawrence's publicist sends photos and information about the star to movie directors, hoping to get their attention.
WAG rescue dogs and cats deserve just as much attention as those people, if not more. So we're looking for people willing to do some behind-the-scenes work and help these great pets find homes.
As a WAG Pet Publicist this is some of what you'll do for your "clients":
- Have a Meet/Greet session where you'll get to know the personality of your client, and discuss the best possible home for him or her.
- Arrange photo sessions with some of our volunteer photographers for doggy glamour shots.
- Help create flyers to spread the word about your client.
- Look into opportunities for your client to make personal appearances at Petsmart, or maybe just a stroll at Meridian Park wearing an "Adopt Me" vest.
- Network your client's photo through email, Facebook or other social media.
- Use local media outlets to spread the word: radio, tv or newspapers.
- Work with WAG to find other ways to bring exposure to these awesome animals.
Our Pet Publicists teams will have 5-6 people and are assigned no more than two clients at a time. Teams will be a mix of age ranges and students are a VERY IMPORTANT part of this process, so anyone from age 10 and up is encouraged to join us. Networking-savvy adult volunteers are also welcome!
If you're interested in becoming a WAG Pet Publicist, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Remember - THE ANIMALS NEED YOU!