Monday, January 7, 2008

So much to do, so little time.

This blogging thing is tough. Lots of folks do it every day, but that’s just too much for me to keep up with. My schedule is too busy.

Take yesterday, for example. I got up, had my morning Mike Bone, went outside and patrolled the property fenceline. We’ve got 22 acres, so that took awhile. Everything seemed pretty secure, so I decided to lay down in the sun and take a nap.

The garbage truck came and I had to take care of that, ‘cuz if I don’t bark, they won’t leave. When that was finished it was almost lunchtime. Fortunately, I had a few minutes to aggravate Peaches, the grouchy old dachshund that lives at our house. She’s gotta be about 100 years old and gets annoyed when anybody gets within 25 yards of her. So I try to follow her as closely as possible.

Anyway, lunchtime came and then I had to take a nap. Eating makes me sleepy. When I woke up it was time to follow my people (Peeps for short) in the golf cart when they took hay out for the horses. While we were out I decided to check the woods and creek, since I didn’t check them in the morning. Lots of strange smells down there, so it took awhile.

Got back to the house, ran that pesky fat cat off the porch and took another nap in the sun. By then it was the afternoon, which is our organized playtime out in the riding arena – lots of jumps and stuff to climb. It’s pretty easy. I just do stuff like sit, stay, shake hands, roll over, jump over stuff and then my Peeps give me treats. Doesn’t take much to impress them.

Afterwards we hang out for awhile, then I gotta rest before dinner. Later we do the hay thing again and I usually make one more check of the fenceline. Then it’s time to get my Milk Bone and turn in for the night.

So I ask you, with a busy schedule like that, who has time to blog every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment